Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Peter Flies Near the Bridge; Arrested


In the middle of our July 4th celebrations, Peter jumped off my apartment balcony and flew to the George Washington Bridge today. When he was spotted by someone on the river, the police were called and several SWAT teams were brought in. He was shot down, taken out of the Hudson River by the Coast Guard, and taken to a local hospital. So far they won't let me see him (he's under arrest!), but I've been told he's physically alright except for the dent in the red feather in his hat.

Don't you worry Dick Small--I'll make sure to get the best lawyers on his case. (Did you send the $15,000??? I'll need it by Friday. Can you make it $25,000?)

Why didn't he just stay on the terrace balcony and have hamburgers--or better yet Marshmallow Fluff and Girl Scout Chocolate Mint cookies??

What a sad day!

9 Comments:

Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

I love your graphic! It is very fortunate Peter did not take you along on his flight. I'm sure the river is pretty cold! He must have spotted someone in distress to leave you so suddenly. It is a sad day indeed...

Jul 5, 2007, 9:27:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

Thanks Sans! It took me about 4 hours to figure out layering. But finally, breakthrough! :)

Jul 5, 2007, 9:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't know zed. he seems a bit on the "light" side. have you 2 even kissed?

Jul 5, 2007, 10:00:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

He's kissed me on the forehead, Jane. That's it so far. He doesn't want to "rush" things ... :(

Jul 5, 2007, 10:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's my boy!

Jul 5, 2007, 10:28:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

I'm sure you're very proud, Dick.

Jul 5, 2007, 10:35:00 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I think I saw this on the news!

Jul 5, 2007, 11:22:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

The story was on all network news channels. Hey, we're talkin' Peter Pan here. And Zed!

Jul 6, 2007, 1:07:00 AM  
Blogger Sushiboy said...

He should have known not to fly over restricted airspace. He's lucky he didn't get shot down.

Jul 7, 2007, 1:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home