Monday, February 05, 2007

The High School Meme

High School Meme (stolen from Lynda of Lynda's Great Journey, who stole it from Shelli of Shelli's Sentiments who stole it from ...)

1. Who was your best friend (in high school)? V.C. We remained friends throughout part of our twenties, but I headed off to live in France and being the world's worst communicator that I am, I never wrote. She moved to another area of the state, I moved back to a different address, and I only saw her once again in a restaurant quite a few years later. Oh well, life goes on.
2. What sports did you play? Sports? In high school? Are you crazy? I was far more into boys, makeup, gossip, and fun! Sports? What could you be thinking?
3. What kind of car did you drive? In senior year, my father allowed me to drive his old bright yellow Buick with the fancy tail-lights. It was a dinosaur, but it drew attention.
4. It’s Friday night, where were you?
At a party, in the stands of a football game, a basketball game, a baseball game, etc., etc. I wasn't there for the SPORTS. I was there for fun!
5. Were you a party animal? No, not really. I went to many parties, but didn't "live" for them. Didn't do drugs.
6. Were you in the “In Crowd”? I pretty much was. Not the fast crowd, but I was well known because I was involved in so many extracurricular activities including modeling at a large local department store, school government, the football queen contest, booster club, blah, blah, blah, blah.
7. Ever skip school? No. I was way too good for that. :)
8. Ever smoke?
Yep. That's what the In Crowd did. Stupid me.
9. Were you a nerd?
No. But I became one over time though--in my late 20s. It's never too late!
10. Did you get suspended/expelled? No way!
11. Can you sing the alma mater? I don't think we had one. School song? What school song?
12. Who was your favorite teacher?
Mr. Cucchio was my favorite. He was young, kind, good looking, and took it easy on the girls schoolwork-wise
13. Favorite class?
English.
14. What was your school’s full name? Won't say online. Sorry.
15. School mascot? A roaring tiger
16. Did you go to Prom? Yes, I went to the Junior Prom with a young man whose hands and face sweated all night as he held my hand. Cute now that I look back at it. Yucky then. For Senior Prom, I went with the football captain. Sound good? It wasn't. He was a total jerk and big-time groper. I spent a lot of my prom saying "For the 200th time, get your hands off of me!"
17. If you could go back and do it over, would you? I think so. And I'd like to do it better and smarter.
18. What do you remember most about graduation?
It was very hard to keep the hat on (I pinned it, but the wind kept blowing it off).
19. Favorite memory of your Senior Year?
I was co-director of the Senior Play. What fun!And the lead male role was played by the love of my life, HK. :) Great times!
20. Were you ever posted up on the senior wall? A couple of times, for a couple of reasons: student government elections; football queen contest, blah, blah, etc.
21. Did you have a job your senior year? Yes, I worked after school and weekends as stock girl for a very upscale women's clothing store. The owner, a 73 y/o, literally chased me around the desk daily or walked up behind me and groped me. In this generation, he would have been arrested (I was underage: 17). I have the same feelings for him as for my date to the senior prom (see #16 above).
22. Who did you date? The guy I WANTED to date was of another religion and his parents wouldn't let him date anyone who didn't hold the same faith. Sigh. So I dated a series of nice guys who were so completely kind and sweet to me that they sort of creeped me out. It was too much for me. Please, I've already tried to work this out in counseling for a few years--okay??? lol
23. Where did you go most often for lunch? A local deli with tables outside; to a small, nearby park with friends; or home.
24. Have you gained weight since then? What's it to you? Hasn't everyone? Short answer: yes.
25. What did you do after graduation? I went to Scotland for almost a year, and then toured the European continent for 6 months or so. Finally came home and went to college.

I invite anyone who wants to do this meme to do it either here in the comments or on your own blog. Have fun!

11 Comments:

Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

I graduated from high school in 1980! You're making me feel soooooooooooooo old ...

Feb 6, 2007, 12:12:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

1980? Don't worry, Teena, I've got you beat.

Feb 6, 2007, 12:19:00 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

lol. Is that why you didn't put up the year?

Great meme!

Feb 6, 2007, 9:30:00 AM  
Blogger Sunshine said...

Oh, this is a good meme, I'll have to steal it and link you.
And now, after reading that I want to take you to prom.
But only if your dress matches my dress.

Feb 6, 2007, 11:45:00 AM  
Blogger Sushiboy said...

Cool! Its interesting to see people were back in HS. Cool MeMe

Feb 6, 2007, 1:06:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Lynda, I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you... and you have so much to live for. :)

Feb 6, 2007, 3:40:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Sunshine's taking me to the prom! Yea!
_______________

Do the meme on your blog. I want to see how you fared in HS...

Feb 6, 2007, 3:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gave into peer pressure and did this on my blog.

Feb 6, 2007, 7:28:00 PM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

So "boys" weren't a sport?

Feb 9, 2007, 5:45:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

lol, well now that I think about it, Scarlet...

Feb 9, 2007, 1:35:00 PM  
Blogger Sunshine said...

I did it, I linked you....and as for Prom, do you want a wrist corsage or the pin and stab you in the chest variety??

Feb 19, 2007, 10:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home