Monday, January 22, 2007

My Addictions

I stole this from Mel ...

My Addictions


1. Cats--any shape, color, size.

2. Carbohydrates. Bread, rice, cereals, pasta--love them, and the more the better.

3. Computers--I make excuses for why I have to be on the computer even when I have no reason to be there. They are extremely compelling.

4. Cars--I only own one car at a time, but if I don't love the car I'm in (like my Toyota Scion) life is not complete. An ugly car makes for an ugly life is my philosophy.

5. Marshmallow Fluff--haven't had any in over a year, but if I had a jar in front of me I might finish it off in an hour or so (plain; by the spoonful).

6. The Ocean--Sitting and staring at it for hours is just fine with me.

7. Coca-Cola--Does Betty Ford Clinic have a program to break this addiction? Or the Mayo Clinic? I'm willing to sign myself in for an intervention.

8. Old Movies--Many of today's movies are overdone, poorly written, obvious, unfunny, undramatic, unlikeable. But show me a good old movie and I'm fascinated. I'm definitely old-fashioned that way. Shoot me.

9. Flip That House (HGTV)--I love to see what a run-down ramshackle disaster is turned into through the use of granite, maple, travertine, and good decorating.

10. Home Decorating--please someone make me stop!

If you want to list your addictions, please do so in the comments section or on your own blog. You KNOW you've got addictions!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love "Flip that House," too. But now that most of the real estate markets have crashed, and developers are pulling out of deals, I am afraid that show's days are numbered.

Jan 22, 2007, 11:46:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

Shame, huh? What will we watch? :)

Jan 22, 2007, 2:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like house hunters. they don't always choose the house i think is best but i like when the show comes back a few months later to see what the buyers have done with the place. cool show.

and the ocean? i could sit there for hours as well as long as it's not crowded and overrun with seagulls, pigeons and screaming little kids. fussy, huh? lol

Jan 22, 2007, 2:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chocolate and iced tea. I need to stop the caffeine intake.

Jan 22, 2007, 3:48:00 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

I forgot to list celebrity gossip on my addictions. I know, I am a sad pathetic loser.

Jan 22, 2007, 6:25:00 PM  
Blogger Some Guy said...

I'm addicted to Crystal Light Lemonade and bad MTV dating-type shows like Next and Exposed.

Jan 23, 2007, 9:34:00 AM  
Blogger Tanya Espanya said...

I'll post my list here first:

1. Coca-Cola - ohmanalive! I LOVE coke. I love it in every country I've gone to (it tastes less sweet in Europe). I love it in the US. I love it here. Slurp drool.

2. Computer and Internet - yeah, why am I looking at blogs and gossip crap all the time?!

3. Books. Books about home decor, books about how to write a book, trade paperback books - I love their shape.

4. Taco Bell and McDonalds. I could eat this every day and it's still a treat. Yes, I know I shouldn't, especially now with my tenant, but I love that mystery meat.

5. Lists. I love making lists and will find any excuse to make one. Hey, I'm doing one now!

6. I have weaned myself from the home decor magazines and shows, now that there is a baby arriving, I've changed my focus and now have to read every baby/parenting blog and magazine; especially those cringey ones about the Gen X parents and how much they're going to miss drinking and partying (losers!).

BTW, Zed, have you ever watched that Holmes on Homes? He's our local guy that's taken the US like a storm (by storm?). Anyway, he's a real charmer and he comes in and repairs bad renovation jobs? I like him.

Jan 24, 2007, 6:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home