Thursday, January 04, 2007

Ramblings from a Disordered Mind

Reporting in for January 5, 2007:

1. The cockatoo I'm babysitting didn't bite me today. But while visiting him, I broke his owner's large artistic ceramic piece displayed on a table in the entry hallway. I'm history!

2. With the psychology book finished, I now know who among you are ... paranoid, psychotic, bipolar, antisocial, or suffering from mood disorders, personality disorders, anxiety disorders--or is just plain cuckoo. I won't point any fingers, but just know that I know that I know. :)

3. Mel of Mel's Meaningless Rambling appears to be dropping out of the take-over-the-world program, so I may have to do it by myself. I think my post yesterday gave me a jump-start on the process. Every nation is falling into line.

4. It's official. I'm going to Florida in a few weeks. You know... land of Palmetto bugs, fire ants, regular ants, invisible ants, roaches, no-see-ums, mosquitos, swamps, everglades, etc., etc., etc. Why don't they just give it up and change the name of the state to Bugland?

5. When I checked airline prices for January and later for February 16th onward from the tristate area, January's fare is $249 round trip. February's fare is $639. Do the math--looks like my trip's in January!

6. The New York tri-state area has not had below-freezing temperatures or any snow this year. It's now January 3, and spring beings March 21. Where's winter? Where's the snow? And sledding? And skating? How can I build a snowman or throw a snowball at grumpy people if there's no snow? The melting icebergs and tsunamis should begin any moment. I'm so happy I'm living high up in a highrise on top of high cliffs--the tsunami can't reach me, right? Right?!? Ark building begins tomorrow...


Done reporting in for the day. Over and out.

12 Comments:

Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

Please don't complain about the weather ... I LOVE it!

Oh and please take me to Florida with you!! Please??!!

Jan 4, 2007, 12:17:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

Sure, come on along. I'm visiting my 88-year-old mother--she makes great manicotti. :)

Jan 4, 2007, 12:43:00 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

I wanna visit Zed's mom!!

See, I think you misunderstood my post. I am not planning to take over the world, I just want a decent year. Frankly I am too tired to do the whole world domination thing. I just want to sit quietly and have the world realize how special I am, and start bowing down to me. What do you think? Yeah. So not going to happen.

Jan 4, 2007, 5:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo, where in Florida are you going? We lived in Miami (Aventura, actually) for a couple of years, for my husband's job.

And doesn't it seem so weird that this winter has been so mild, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Jan 4, 2007, 8:24:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

Mel, I guess we have different goals after all. But the sitting quietly and having the world realize how special you are--and then start bowing down to you--is good too. It could happen. It could. But I think you're going to have to bake if this thing's going to fly.

Tanya, I'll be in the Pompano Beach-Fort Lauderdale area. Last time I was in the Miami area was about 20 years ago. My mother lost her home in a hurricane in 2005 and she's living in a different home now but only 2 streets away from where she used to live. She's a pretty happy 88-yo and I have to find a time to visit her between all of her activities. :)

Jan 4, 2007, 11:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sis, I'll be your second hand woman regarding taking over the world, if you want. I'm not the leader type but I can back you up pretty well.

maybe Mel can be the Treasurer??

Jan 4, 2007, 11:45:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

That works for me.

So what shall we call you, Teri? Vice President? CEO II? Goddess in Charge of the President? (I need someone to be in charge of ME!), Administrative Assistant to the One in Charge?

And then Mel can be Secretary of the Treasury as you suggest. I think she'd like that.

Jan 4, 2007, 12:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can be the "Administrative Assistant in Charge of the One In Charge". This sounds like a good job title. What's the pay like?

And everyone knows the Admins are the ones really in charge!

Yeah, I figured Mel would like to be in charge of the money.

Jan 4, 2007, 12:29:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

I pay in cookies Teri. Is that okay?

Jan 4, 2007, 2:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to the news, it looks like Colorado might be hogging all the winter.

Jan 4, 2007, 2:17:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Then someone needs a sit-down with Colorado about sharing. How about an 80-20% share, with 80% going to Colorado?

Jan 4, 2007, 3:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're getting more than our fair share. About the time I think I might be able to dig us out of the ice it snows again. Enjoy the warmth.
Superwoman

Jan 10, 2007, 5:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home