Friday, December 15, 2006

The 5 Things You Don't Know About Me Meme

5 things you don't know about me..
Er, thanks Teri...sort of. :)


1. I took a ride in the Goodyear Blimp about 10 years ago, and the pilot let me steer. It was way too cool! We were out over the ocean, and the pilot then cut the engines and we soared and floated through the sky over Boca Raton. It was heaven! I had my arms out the window and could practically touch the passing seagulls. It was so wonderful, I really wish I could do it again.

2. I spent time in both West and East Berlin when the wall was still up. The two cities were in such sharp contrast. West Berlin was bright and alive, with wonderful shopping and sights and the smell of wonderful food from fine restaurants. There were parks and fountains--it was a great place to be. You then crossed the wall to East Berlin and everything changed. It was literally as if a grey wall fell. Everything was dark and dank and grey, the people looked solemn and unhappy, and there were bullet holes in the walls of many buildings still remaining since World War II. I had never seen such a contrast between two places separated only by a wall.

3. I once took a train from NYC to Fort Lauderdale, intending to use the sleeper car to get rest overnight. Just as my sister and I got into our respective beds (the train was in Maryland by that time I believe), the train came to a screeching halt, and we were all told to grab our possessions and get off the train as quickly as possible because the sleeper car we were in was on fire. We got out okay, and they put the fire out, but Amtrak didn't have a replacement sleeper car, so we had to sleep in a commuter car with plastic seats for the next 20 hours. It was awful!

4. I won a writing contest at 17 y/o for a local newspaper, and the prize was an editor's job at the paper. When the editor-in-chief called to tell me I was the winner of the contests, he said, "So you can start work then at midnight tomorrow, and you'll work until 7 am each morning." What????? It was a morning paper--one did not work normal hours on a morning paper. I was a child, what did I know? But at least I know in my heart of hearts that I won. :)

5. Once, at a Girl Scout sleep-away camp, I left a lollipop (accidentally) under my sheets (I was 11-12). I was out all day, came back to the tent after dark. Everyone else was alseep, so I got changed and got into bed. Hmmm. Something bit me. Hmmm. Other things bit me. I felt things crawling on me. I jumped out of bed, lit a lantern, and pulled back the covers. The sheets were no longer white--they were COVERED IN ALL SORTS OF INSECTS! Big ones, little ones! Thousands upon thousands of insects!! Everyone in the tent woke up from the screams, then they all started screaming. It was a total nightmare... Yucka, yucka.

If anyone else passing through here would like to try this, please feel free to go for it. Except for the wench who passed through my site, stole a meme, and then slammed me. Her? She'll have to go somewhere else to steal a meme. Pfft....

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

teri says:

Loved your answers.

God, you lead an interesting life. can you adopt me?

Dec 15, 2006, 2:53:00 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

You almost touched a seagull. And to think, I used to believe your paper snowflakes were better than mine!

Loved your answers apart from the seagulls Zed! Interesting stuff.

Fire! Bugs! And More!

Dec 15, 2006, 10:54:00 PM  
Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

Very cool to learn more about you!

Dec 15, 2006, 11:59:00 PM  
Blogger Doctor Mom™ said...

who passed through your site and stole a me-me?

I'm lost

Dec 17, 2006, 7:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a fantastic birthday Zed!

Dec 18, 2006, 2:22:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

First I would like to say that no seagulls were injured in my flight in the blimp. :)

Second, Amtrak will not be getting my business again soon.

Teri, the adoption papers have been submitted. Let's see what happens...

Teresa, the train ride was surprisingly nice--well except for the sleeping car fire... Loved your answers!

Dale, get real. You KNOW my paper snowflakes are better than yours. It's a given. It's okay though. That doesn't make you a bad person. :) Hugs!

Thanks Teena! I've been blessed with a great life with lots of travel. Couldn't ask for more...

Doctor Mom, it was a wench-person I'm working hard to forget who stole a me-me (love that name!!) from my blog and then went on her blog to say mean things about me. She's a stranger wench. I expect as much. Friend wenches are so much better.

Mr. Fab, I think I got seagull poop on my hands that day. :)

Thanks mixednut! Where have you been?

Dec 19, 2006, 12:20:00 PM  
Blogger Doctor Mom™ said...

Ok Fancy Zed-- I just hope that I really don't qualify for either a stranger or friend wench, thank you anyway.

Dec 20, 2006, 3:12:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Nope, Doctor Mom. It's all good.

Dec 21, 2006, 12:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home