Tuesday, December 12, 2006

It's YOUR Turn!

The CREATE-YOUR-OWN-PARTY Party!

This week, I'm asking you to be creative! Here is what I'm providing. What type of party will YOU throw?

1. A spectacular view (oh, there are better views, but I just LOVE mine) of the Hudson River, separating New York and New Jersey. You'll see lit-up barges and yachts going up and down river.2. A terrace/balcony to make noise and annoy all the neighbors on my side of the building. :)

3. A large collection of rock music from the 70s through the 90s and on into the new century. No heavy metal, but a lot of everything else. Some classical music, some opera, mostly contemporary stuff. The walls are really thick, so feel free to turn up the volume.

4. Hugh Jackman will be visiting as well as Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie (they're visiting NYC this week), NY Mayor Michael Bloomberg, former NY Mayor Rudi Guiliani, members of the NY Jets football team, member of the NY Rangers, the prime ministers of Canada and Australia, Joel Madden, Nicole Richie (if she's not in jail), and many other newsmakers and politicians.


5. Cabinets are filled with: pasta (uncooked), frozen tomato sauce made by my Mom (old italian recipe), salad fixings, chicken cutlets, roast beef (gravy in the freezer), crepes, 6 different juices (orange, apple, cranberry, cranapple, vegetable, and grape), milk, butter, butter cookies I made two days ago (delish!), cheeses (hand-made mozzarella, sharp cheddar, Monterey Jack, colby),
bread (made from an Italian bakery) and Pepperidge Farm, rootbeer, Coca-Cola. Use whatever you find. I have a regular oven, stove-top, and 2 microwaves.

6. Turn on the Christmas tree lights and the lights on the terrace as night falls.

What type of party will you throw, who will you invite, what will you bring, and how will you dress?? Each person can form their own type of party. Are you getting this???? haha! You can do it!

HAVE A GREAT TIME!

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm thinking of creating a hawaiian party, with hula girls and roast pig, hawaiian language lessons, and most definitely don ho (is he still alive?) and a great big bonfire-like fire. kai-tais for all!
my husband better not begin eyeing the dancing girls. lol

Dec 13, 2006, 1:09:00 AM  
Blogger Shelli said...

I am a horrible hostess. I don't cook and my house is a mess. If we are using yours, then yours will be, too. :)

Dec 13, 2006, 12:22:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

I'm going for a cowboy party. Complete with chaps, cowboy hats, boots, rawhide, steer and lassos. The cowboys are straight (ahem) and gorgeous and I'm having a great time so far. Hugh Jackman? Where's Hugh?

Dec 13, 2006, 12:38:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Er, thanks Shelli. Hrrrumphh!! :)

Dec 13, 2006, 12:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're throwing a cat party, and inviting over all the cats in the neighborhood (we're hoping the doorman won't stop them from coming in the front door).
In the afternoon we're going to hold a "meow" contest to choose the loudest and most pathetic meow-er among us. We're going to play games, dance, jump, run, climb curtains, chew the rug, and then have catnip and Clamato juice as appetizers to a meal of Friskies. What a day it will be!!

Dec 13, 2006, 12:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My party would involve getting drunk and slamming doors I think.

Maybe we could come up with a game where you have to act out a scene with a dramatic exit that would end with a door slam.

And then we could do crafts with the dried pasta and create a trophy for the winner.

Dec 13, 2006, 1:53:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Oh, amy, I just love that idea! Let's do it!!

Preliminaries to great door slams:

"I've had it!" (SLAM!)
"You moron!" (SLAM!)
"Jerk!" (SLAM!)
"I'm on to you!" (SLAM!)
"Goodbye!" (SLAM!)
"Never!" (SLAM!)

(On another note, what sort of crafts could we do with dried pasta?)

Dec 13, 2006, 2:04:00 PM  
Blogger Some Guy said...

How about a "Yooper" party? ("Yooper" is slang for people who live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan). Everyone has to come by snowmobile in full snowmobile outerwear. We'll dine on Pasties (dough filled with beef, carrots, and rutabaga-a UP staple). We'd all take a sauna and get drunk on Finnish Vodka. Yah Hey Der!

Dec 13, 2006, 2:17:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

A Yooper Party sounds good! I don't know how you're going to get the snowmobiles up the elevators, but I'll leave that dilemma in your able hands...

Yah Hey Der! yourself, Chris. :)

Oh, and the Pasties sounded good right up until you got to the rutaba. Yuck, no, yuck! lol

Dec 13, 2006, 2:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know... we could make macaroni necklaces with gold spray paint and yarn... something like that.

When I went to Wisconsin I saw lots of signs for pasties, and I thought they were all idiots at first, thinking they didn't know how to spell "pastries". Then my mom told me what they were... dur.

Dec 13, 2006, 4:17:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Well, today's the first day I've ever heard of pasties, so I searched the internet and tried to find a recipe that did NOT include rutabaga (yeck). Well, I found lots of sites that had info about the OTHER kind of pasties, and lots of sites that had recipes including rutabaga. But finally--finally!--I found one to order.

Sounds good:
www.december.com/places/up/pasty.html

Dec 13, 2006, 6:27:00 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

I am not in the mood to hostess a party these days but I like the cat party idea. Do you think they would let us humans in on the fun?

Rutabagas??? UGH.

Dec 13, 2006, 7:01:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Frankie and Johnny love everyone--even humans. Come on by. You can have some Friskies if you'd like. :)

Dec 13, 2006, 7:36:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Jane, I never answered your question. Don Ho is still alive. He's 75 or 76, and still sings in Hawaii. Got the info from the Internet--who knew?

Dec 13, 2006, 7:40:00 PM  
Blogger Doctor Mom™ said...

We're having a Red Carpet Party in Cul-de-Sac!

Come on over!

Dec 17, 2006, 7:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home