Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Silent Night, Holy Night, All Is Calm, All Is Overlit ...

Last night, I drove through several areas with incredibly lush Christmas lighting. I'm talkin' over-the-TOP Christmas lighting.

Take a look at the photos below, but keep in mind that these homes can't BEGIN to compare with what I witnessed at one particular house in the tri-state last evening:

http://www.uglychristmaslights.com/2006_collection/hidden_house.html

http://www.uglychristmaslights.com/2006_collection/green_thing.html


http://www.tackylighttour.com/interactive/displaypicture.aspx?pictureId=677


Nice, eh? Well lit? uh-huh. But the stuff you see here is lame compared to what I witnessed yesterday.

What I saw last night was a home whose exterior--every inch!--was covered in lighting. This was a home that can surely be spotted by space shuttles, satellites, and possibly by aliens. Those governmental officials in Area 51 in Nevada might want to copy the lighting pattern on this home if they are at all concerned about alien invasion. I can imagine people on Mars just looking down at it and shaking their heads at the excess of it all.

Sorry I didn't have my camera with me. But just take a gander at the photos and links above and raise that level of lighting to the nth degree. The ones you see here are bad enough (but beautiful nonetheless). The one I saw yesterday will be etched in my memory ... forever.

I personally have one string of lights on my terrace and on a fake fig tree in my living room (pathetic, yes, I know, but need I remind you that I am president of the Pathetic Club?).

How well-lit are you ... or your home?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no lights up this year. definitely next year will be over the top, for me anyway.

you probably live near all the rich people, that's you're able to see their houses from space.

Dec 20, 2006, 9:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shit, I'm lit up like Times Square on NYE.

Dec 20, 2006, 12:10:00 PM  
Blogger Sushiboy said...

Thats a cool house, I wonder how they sleep :) heh. We just have our tree lit and a wreath on the door.

Dec 20, 2006, 2:31:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

colored lights outside

white lights on the tree inside

white "twinkle" lights
on the rail going upstairs

white "twinkle" lights
in window
over the kitchen sink

ALL LIT UP!!

Dec 20, 2006, 6:28:00 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Ha!! Jen is Lit up! I knew it!

No lights here! But I love driving around and looking at everyones lights. I plan on making hubby drive me this weekend so I can ohhh and awe over over peoples yards.

Dec 20, 2006, 8:46:00 PM  
Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

There a few homes in our 'hood who have gone overboard. But it's a hoot to drive by :)

Dec 20, 2006, 8:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home