Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Gifting Mistakes for 2006

I don't want you to make any gifting mistakes this year. So if you decide to make me a homemade present between now and the end of 2006, please note that I definitely don't want the following.

1. I don't want this Painted Butterfly Clothespin. It's lovely, but ...









2. I don't want this Toilet Paper Plant Poke. No. No, I don't.















3. And I don't want this "Sunny" Necklace. Not this year, thanks.












... just so you know. An informed gifter is an appreciated gifter.


Brought to you by Zed's Wild Weekly Stupid Craft Rants and Raves.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zed, I'd like the Toilet Paper Plant Poke for my birthday if you don't mind. Paint it red. That'll be fine.

Aug 15, 2006, 4:05:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

If the gifter would change the "chain" for the Sunny Necklace to 24-caret gold with a few diamonds set in place, I might reconsider.

Aug 15, 2006, 5:04:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I was almost done hand crafting a
Painted Butterfly Clothespin for you

now my feelings have been hurt.

I have nothing else to say right now
I need some time alone.

Aug 15, 2006, 5:13:00 PM  
Blogger Doctor Mom™ said...

If these beautiful works of art came from the hands of my kids, I would hang them on the fridge for 1 week and then they would find a home in a box....or cylinder...shredder...fireplace

Aug 15, 2006, 8:04:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Oh. Sorry Jen.

You know, I bet there are just thousands upon thousands of places in my home that I can use it. Like on Frankie's tail. Or ... Ahem.

I can't think of anything else. But it's the thought that counts. Really it is.

Aug 15, 2006, 8:11:00 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

So how about plastic canvas 'kissy faces'? Are those okay? Or for that matter anything made out of plastic canvas. I'm a big fan of that you know. I have just the tissue box cover envisioned for you... or wait something out of shrinky dink paper. I have mad arts and crap skillz. You don't know. :)

Aug 17, 2006, 2:58:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

No Joanne, no! Really, save your crafts for needier people. :)

However, money would be fine. Or money IN one of the crafts--for example the "kissy faces." You know, to help me buy the Lexus SC I have my eye on ...

Hey, I meant to tell you I liked all the "hair" pictures on your blog. Great cut and color.

Aug 18, 2006, 12:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home