Wednesday, August 09, 2006

You're Simply Fabulous, Zed--and Very, Very Smart!!

Okay, heads up, everyone!! Please turn off your IPods and pay close attention.

Welcome to Zed's I-Can-Make-Up-Stories-Better-Than-Anyone-Else Contest.

My mother's coming to town tomorrow for a three-week visit and you need to be on your best behavior. Don't forget to post about how wonderful I am, and that there is simply no one better than me around, blah, blah, blah--"enhance the truth" if you have to. The person who "enhances the truth" the most will win the title ... "winner."

That's all you get for now, a title, but I'm thinking a small gift card to Starbuck's or Dunkin' Donuts or someplace equally tempting is possible, depending on the quality of your
"enhancements." But I wouldn't count on your being sent a prize--let's face it, I almost never make it to the post office, and then we'd have to exchange emails and addresses and all that, and it gets way too messy. :) But it's possible!!!

Entries such as "You're okay" are simply not acceptable and will be tossed out. I'm looking for stuff like:

1. No one anywhere can compare to YOU, Zed.
2. The world would certainly be an empty place without your presence, Zed.

Let's face it, it won't be difficult to write such things since they will be based on ... truth! :)

Do your best starting tomorrow, and leave your comments on this post. Thanks!

6 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

one question, will your 80 something mother be reading your blog because if she's not reading I'm not complimentin! : P

Aug 9, 2006, 3:39:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Oh, of course my 87-year-old mother will read the blog every day. I'll force her to! :)

But really, no pressure. It's really all about "winning" that great prize. Don't you want to win a nice prize, Teri (or at least the possibility of winning a nice prize)? And don't forget to get your friends and office-mates in on the contest too. The $10-$15 prize is mind-boggling!

Aug 9, 2006, 3:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I'm early with this, but how about:

No Zed = A life not worth living

Of course there's not a word of truth in that, but it has a nice ring to it. Did I win?

Aug 9, 2006, 4:03:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Jane, even though your sentiments are insincere, I like what you wrote. I'm touched. :)

I'm thinking of creating a new blog post where I can move all contest entries. That way, Mom won't know you're all lying-through-your-teeth hypocrites.

Did you win? Not yet. But you're in first place so far! :)

Aug 9, 2006, 4:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, my life without Zed would be so boring. Zed does make my days brighter & keeps me sane.

How was that, did I bump Jane out of first place.
I am drooling for a starbucks coupon.

Aug 10, 2006, 5:57:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Well, that was pretty good! Mom should be very pleased! Very good entry!

There are still a few more contestants to participate. Two people wrote to me to say they needed more time!

And did you see the entries in the post before this? The "Zed is nice, just like rice" one? Funny! But you're a contender, Mollie--a real contender! :)

Aug 10, 2006, 8:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home