Saturday, August 05, 2006

A Noisy, Busy Day at the Hudson River

Another post from the past. Really only two more I want to bring forward--I'm letting the rest go. I promise.

FROM 7/7/06

Okay, here's the plan: Get out by 12:30. Head over to Target's, Old Navy, and TJ Maxx, then to Radio Shack, Bed, Bath, & Beyond, and Ulta, the cosmetic giant.

All the while, I will be on the edges of the Hudson River, facing the greatest city in the world--New York.

I'll have lunch on the pier and watch as Canada geese, pesky seagulls, gentle sailboats, rusty barges, noisy speedboats, green-and-white wood Circle Liners, and majestic tall cruise ships make their way up and down river.

Airliners will roar quite low above, descending toward LaGuardia and JFK; every seven minutes or so ferryboats will set sail for Manhattan; and commercial and military helicopters will circle above and eventually head north and east.

It's beautiful here in an extremely city-sort-of-way. But what a city to watch and admire. They say it never sleeps; I say it never even catnaps.

I love this place and never tire of it. I'm headed out after one more post.

Wish me well! I hope I don't get mugged! :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds lovely, hope you enjoyed your day.

Aug 5, 2006, 9:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home