Friday, August 04, 2006

She's Still Laughing ... and Laughing ... and Laughing

Bear with me. I'm moving over some of my archived posts from Windows Live Spaces. This one cracks me up every time I read it.

FROM: 7/26/2006

So I'm sitting here having some of my delicioso Starbucks Frappuccino and I'm worried.

My 87-year-old mother called last night to say hi and told me:

Mom: You're never gonna believe this...

Me: What?

Mom: I fell asleep in the chair as I was watching TV tonight. [She starts laughing as if this might be the funniest thing that's ever happened to her.]

Me: Mom, you always fall asleep while watching TV.

Mom: [Still laughing.] It was the weirdest thing. I mean I was just sitting there, and suddenly I fell asleep.

Me: Mom, when you were here [from mid-October to mid-January] you did that every night. You always do that.

Mom: I do? [Still laughing.] It was so funny. I was just sitting there and I fell asleep.


Oh brother. How am I going to make it through August with her here for most of the month? I'm going to need a lot of frappuccino. Or Valium. Or several frappuccinos and several Valiums.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey this is cool, I laugh at that too.

Aug 4, 2006, 10:24:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

I'm glad you like the new site and even gladder you found your way over here.

My theory is "if you rebuild it, they will come," and I've been rebuilding like mad all day! :) We'll see what happens!

Aug 4, 2006, 11:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home