Friday, August 04, 2006

Harper's Bazaar Hates Women

I'm still moving over some of my archived posts from Windows Live Spaces. Some of these posts are downright hilarious--and since this is the one little part of my world I have almost total control over ... well, here they are. Try and do something about it. :)

FROM: 7/20/2006

First a black-haired, naked, pregnant Britney; now this. Take a good look at the image below.

This is what Harper's Bazaar wants you to look like this fall.

I actually had an involuntary physical reaction on first seeing this photo. My body jumped slightly.

The clothing is hideous. The model's makeup is hideous. Her hair is hideous. Her pose is hideous.

She may or may not be alive--but if she IS alive, she's about 91 years old.

Why does Harper's hate women? What did we ever do to that magazine?





2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, nice improvement over the Windows Live design!

This woman is weird looking but so typical of today's clothing design mags. Some designers seem to go out of their way to make good-looking models look as if they're on drugs or drunk or about to kick the bucket any second.

My mother used to have a very NON-politically-correct theory about this that I'm just going to have to leave to your imagination, Zed. (It had to do with the sexual preference of many clothing designers.) She'd never survive today's world! I used ot get mad at her, but she was definitely old school. hehe

jane

Aug 5, 2006, 12:03:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

Mr. Small, I was thinking perhaps she is another victim of Mister Gravely's pitchfork ... she has that "punctured" look.

For those unfamiliar with Mister Gravely, visit his site:

www.mistergravelysblog.blogspot.com

The man knows his way around a pitchfork

Aug 5, 2006, 10:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home