Saturday, August 05, 2006

The Sweet One and the Cranky One: Guess Which One Is Me

Here's a picture of my sister and me from 2 or 3 years ago (or 2 or 3 centuries ago, your choice) at Bear Mountain, New York. I got a whole lot better looking with time. And less cranky looking. On some days.

Oh sure, she looks like the bigger, sweeter older sister, but once the picture was taken, she hit me upside the head. Because she could. She was bigger. No wonder I look cranky. And why is my skirt so long in this photo, Mom? (Let me guess: Hand-me-down?) :)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a photo similar to that with my sister from many many moons ago. 'Cept I was the older one, and if my sister got out of line, I'd pinch or poke her when no one was looking. Sibling love and older sister's privilege at its best.

And except for 35 years of psychotherapy, she's just fine now.

Aug 5, 2006, 1:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are you carrying? A teddy bear? Sooooooo cute!

Aug 5, 2006, 1:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you do look cranky tho

Aug 5, 2006, 1:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the sideswept do. very classy on someone of such a young age.

Aug 5, 2006, 4:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My comment or rather question would be. Why is your sisters dress so short? So you are the cranky sort are you, hmmmmmm.

Aug 5, 2006, 9:04:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Of course I'm cranky. My mother dressed me funny. Waaa! Boo-hoo!

Aug 5, 2006, 10:41:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Mollie, honestly, the more I think about it the more I think if my mother had simply SWITCHED THE DRESSES, and had put my sister's dress on me and mine on her, her daughters would both be wearing the correct-length dress.

Stress does crazy things to people. Her stress was she had two daughters, worked full time in a job that involved going up and down stairs all day long, and had complete responsibility for cleaning the house, cooking all meals, helping with her children's homework, etc, etc in finitem. No wonder she was confused! :)

Aug 6, 2006, 12:57:00 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

lol. That is cute.

Aug 7, 2006, 12:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home