Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What a Great Guest!

My friend D. asked me to join her for lunch today, and on the way to her house I almost fell asleep in my car on one of Jersey's most dangerous highways.

We went out to lunch at Panera Bread (yummy!), I managed semi-intelligent conversation, and when we got back to her house, I said hi to her husband and son, sat down, and fought off sleep as I tried to be a polite guest.

I know my mouth was moving, but God knows what was coming out of it.
I think a lot of it was the ever-convincing "Uh-hum..." "Huh!" and "Hmmm!" I'm fairly certain they believed I was deep in conversation with them, but who can ever know for sure?

D. said, "You need a nap." Yep, I sure did. So she said, "Go, then. Nap." I went to sleep in their guest room and slept from 3:45 until 6:00 p.m., when they knocked to make sure I hadn't died. Or moved in.

We had dinner and I left by 7:15. What a great guest! Can I come take a nap at YOUR house?




15 Comments:

Blogger Zed said...

OMG! I put everyone to sleep!

Oct 17, 2007, 11:42:00 AM  
Blogger Sushiboy said...

Sure fee free to take a cat nap at our house any time.

Oct 17, 2007, 1:22:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Thanks Sushiboy! You don't even have to serve me dinner.

Oct 17, 2007, 1:56:00 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Oct 17, 2007, 2:59:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I don't have an extra bed...

is a sleeping bag cool?

Oct 17, 2007, 3:17:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

I couldn't agree more, Teri. I think it's a seasonal thing. I just can't remember whose guest room I slept in LAST year.


Jen, the bed they gave me was for a child. So, yeah, I'll take the sleeping bag. Will you be ordering in pizza for dinner? PLEASE!!!??

Oct 17, 2007, 4:11:00 PM  
Blogger SkylersDad said...

That is a good friend who knows you need a nap and lets you use their bed!

Oct 17, 2007, 4:29:00 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

Zed, I would have done the same thing. If I knew my friend was about to fall over I would push them into the guest room and make them comfy.

Oct 17, 2007, 6:18:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Me too, Teri. My friend Maureen was pregnant when she and her husband came to dinner. Before dinner was served she asked if she could take a nap because pregnancy was making her so tired. I also set her up in the guest room, and she came out 3 hours later.

See? I'm almost normal!

Oct 17, 2007, 7:27:00 PM  
Blogger Sushiboy said...

No dinner? Now that would take all the fun out of it. How am I supposed to have an excuse to cook if you don't stay for dinner?

No dinner, No nap. er.. uh.. you can still take a nap.

Oct 17, 2007, 8:17:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

No I WANT dinner!! Just no sushi please. Let's grill something--I'm in!

Oct 17, 2007, 8:55:00 PM  
Blogger GETkristiLOVE said...

Yeah, you just try and take a nap at my house - Tobiko won't let you. She rarely looks like that photo.

Oct 18, 2007, 12:31:00 AM  
Blogger mixednut said...

You can crash here anytime Zed. Meals included. Cheap.

Oct 18, 2007, 12:57:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

Kristi, I watched the videos of Tobiko, and I cannot understand how you can live with all that wonderful cuteness! They have almost endless energy, which, in turn, means, if I watch them, I need to nap. ... Huh. See how the universe all sort of blends?

Mixednut, if you make homemade French onion soup, I'm in.

Oct 18, 2007, 1:16:00 AM  
Blogger tmollie said...

Come on down any time & take a nap in my guest room.

Oct 24, 2007, 8:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home