Monday, December 03, 2007

I Wonder If She Killed Him ...

Fifteen years ago when I moved to this building, I brought with me my cat Muffin. She was tough and totally disobedient. She'd get in bed with me for 30 minutes or so and then prowl the apartment all night long, as if we lived in the jungle.

We were here only three days when, at 4 or 5 A.M., Muffin jumped up on the night table next to my bed and knocked over a tall, heavy lamp onto the uncarpeted wooden floors. The lamp fell so hard that it put a dent in the flooring.

I could hear the man downstairs shout out in alarm as he was awakened from his sleep.

The next morning the man went to church at 10 A.M., and had a massive heart attack and died in his pew by 10:30. To this day, I think Muffin's "accident" killed him.

Muffin died in 2002 of a massive heart attack as well. How very ironic, huh? The killer cat ...

12 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

That's sad.

I didn't know cats had heart attacks?

Dec 3, 2007, 8:58:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

She keeled over and fell to her side, and she tried to "run" while laying on her side. This went on for about 4 minutes. When I rushed her to the vet, the vet said it was either a heart attack. Poor thing. She was a tough cat, but I really loved her. Too bad she killed the neighbor.

Dec 3, 2007, 11:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

muffin might be the bitchiest cat I've ever met. i was terrified of her so i'm not surprised she killed someone.

Dec 3, 2007, 12:04:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Muffin was NOT a b*tch, Jane. She was privileged--yes. She was demanding--yes! But b*tchy?? Never!

Well, maybe a little.

Dec 3, 2007, 12:10:00 PM  
Blogger Sushiboy said...

Poor kitty and Poor guy. At least the floor made it out with just a dent.

Dec 3, 2007, 1:54:00 PM  
Blogger chelene said...

It's always the cats with the cutest, most innocent names that are the deadliest.

Dec 3, 2007, 7:25:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Sushiboy, good thing I was going to replace the flooring anyway. :)

Chelene, I knew a cat named Sweety who would look as if she were about to rip my eyes out if I looked at her wrong and another cat named Monsterboy who would lick my hand whenever I would reach out for him. Hard to figure it all out.

Dec 3, 2007, 7:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been five years and you're still talking about Muffin.

Dec 3, 2007, 8:51:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

GT, she was my first cat. Once I fell in love with her I fell in love with all cats.

Besides, I'm still wondering if she killed the neighbor. :)

Dec 4, 2007, 1:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well if you're gonna die anywhere, it might as well be in church. I'm sure he scored major points...

Dec 4, 2007, 3:24:00 PM  
Blogger GETkristiLOVE said...

Good kitty. He was probably a perv. ;)

Dec 4, 2007, 10:46:00 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

Maybe the "late night scare" actually prompted him to go to church....if so...that would mean Muffin saved his soul.

Dec 31, 2007, 12:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home