Thursday, August 02, 2007

I've Been Interviewed!

BLOGGER INTERVIEW QUESTIONS


There is a Blogger Interview project making the rounds, and I volunteered to answer some questions via one of my favorite blogs,
Passion of the Dale. Dale has kindly supplied me with 7 queries that he demands be answered. Alright already, alright! Don't be so pushy, Dale. :) Here we go:

1. While I am aware of your awesome ability to make paper snowflakes to rival my mother's, what other secret crafty talents do you harbour?

a. I'm a good cook with several specialties, including home-made manicotti, glorious chicken (chicken in mushroom sauce baked in croissant dough), killer mashed potatoes (with sour cream, cream cheese, and butter), and yummy cookies. All the good things in life. I've tried to develop recipes that will knock off several friends through cardiac ischemia, myocardial infarction, or other heart conditions, but so far they're still here. Drat!

b. I am able to play piano, guitar, and violin (separately, not at the same time, thank you), but only if you hold a gun to my head and don't mind a few mistakes. Even women can have performance anxiety, just a different type than the norm.

c. I traveled cross-country by car from New York to Phoenix and didn't kill my traveling companion whom I didn't like. Click HERE.

d. I keep all telephone numbers I use in my head rather than stored in telephone memory. Don't ask. I bet you can't do that, or would even want to. If I ever sustain a head injury, I'm in serious trouble.

e. I am able to live as if I'm NOT the center of the universe, despite my WANTING to be the center of the universe. This is quite a talent, trust me. What do you mean I'm not the center of the universe?

f. Don't be frightened, but I can sense when someone is about to die within the next 24-48 hours, even if that person is considered to be in very good health at the time I sense their demise. It's happened way too many times, and I think no one wants to look at me in the eye anymore. :(

2. You like old movies according to an old post you did. Name a few that you could watch again and again and tell me why.

a. Groundhog Day with Bill Murray just kills me. I like the idea of getting many chances to get life right. It isn't particularly old, but old enough.
b. Anything directed by Alfred Hitchcock. The master of suspense can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned. I'm still terrified whenever I watch The Birds, but I'm a big baby that way.
c. Anything featuring Jimmy Stewart (Harvey/Mr. Smith Goes to Washington/Anatomy of a Murder/Rear Window) or Cary Grant (Topper/North by Northwest/Charade). Those guys exuded charisma. They may not have been the best actors or best looking, but when they were on-screen, they ruled.
d. Crying time movies : Gone with the Wind; Breakfast at Tiffany's; The Heiress; How Green Was My Valley.

3. Hosting parties is something you do well, who could forget your 70s, 80s and 90s blog parties? If you were to have a real party and could invite a few famous or infamous people, who would you put on the list?

I would invite political figures (dead's fine, and someone of a different political view than mine is fine too). For example, I'd like to chat extensively with Karl Marx, Hillary Clinton, Ronald Reagan, and that bizarr-0 from North Korea. I'd also invite John Kennedy Jr.--but only because he was breathtakingly gorgeous. Hugh Jackman is on the list as well, and he's not even in politics. We don't even have to talk. I can just look at him. :) I'd also like to speak with President Bush to ask what the heck he could possibly be thinking.

4. Were you the kind of kid who would have been more likely to run away and join the circus or run away and join the music group The Runaways?

I'd join The Runaways. I used to sing in the choir--I know I'd do a good job.

5. Would you rather write a theatre show or star in one?

I'd like to write a Broadway play that I star in. Because deep down everyone knows it's all about me. All of it. Yes, it is.

Bonus questions:

6. How's your mailman?

Jim's retiring in December 2007, and I'd like to know who will do a presort of my mail, taking out all junk mail, advertisements, flyers, etc., and NOT expect me to pick up my mail more than once a week. Volunteers? Anyone?

7. What have you done for me lately?

Not much, Dale, except I DID tell you what a wonderful writer you are and help build your ego to giganto size. The only other thing I could do for you is make a tray of homemade manicotti with meatballs on the side and ship it up north to you in the great land of Canada. But I only make manicotti once a year, and I've already done that this year--in April. How about next year? Will that do?


Who wants me to interview THEM? If you are one of those lucky people, I'll supply questions to you that are deep and/or silly. Or whatever. Let me know in the comments section, and I'll send them to you. I'LL MAKE YOU LOOK GOOD!

15 Comments:

Blogger mixednut said...

Piano, guitar and violin?
We should start a band.

Aug 3, 2007, 12:00:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

I like it! Do you play musical instruments MixedNut? Or do you want to be lead singer?

Aug 3, 2007, 12:29:00 AM  
Blogger mixednut said...

Sing? Noooo.
I'd rather be behind the drum kit.

Aug 3, 2007, 1:19:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

Okay, so we have drums, piano, guitar, violin. Anyone else? Who's going to sing?

Aug 3, 2007, 2:08:00 AM  
Blogger Cup said...

You make homemade manicotti? Will you marry me?

Aug 3, 2007, 4:29:00 PM  
Blogger The Ferryman said...

Wow...great questions and great answers. I am impressed!

Aug 3, 2007, 8:04:00 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

I love manicotti and am sorry to have missed the cut off date this year. Maybe Jim can come out of retirement to personally deliver it to me?

Your answers showed me even more talents than I thought possible. I hate overachievers, did you know that? Lay off a little okay?

Secret shame: I've never seen Groundhog Day.

Thanks for playing along Zed. And thanks for the giganto ego. You rule the universe. Yours anyway.

Aug 3, 2007, 9:11:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Beth, homemade manicotti, right down to individually made crepes and homemade tomato sauce (gravy). It took 8 hours to prepare for 8 people in April--quite exhausting, but so worth it.

Mr. Fab, next year, when I send some to Dale, I'll send some to you and Mrs. Fab.

Dale, Jim would deliver the manicotti to Canada if you were me. But you're not. So ain't gonna happen. And as for my many talents, it's sickening isn't it. And we haven't even touch the tip of the iceberg. :) Be sure to see Groundhog Day. It's stupid but stupid with a touch of depth. Good rainy day movie. Thanks for supplying the great questions!

Aug 4, 2007, 12:31:00 AM  
Blogger X. Dell said...

I had to look into your archives to find out what a blog party was, and I'm still not exactly sure. Sounds interesting though, especially since you've organized them around themes.

Aug 4, 2007, 11:06:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

X. Dell, all that means is I've held "parties" on my blog, and told people "This is what the theme of the party is--what will you bring to follow the theme?" So if I were throwing a Canada Day party, I'd provide, say, Mounties and Celine Dion, and others would tell me in their comments what they were bringing: Jim Carey, snow shoes, and Canada Dry perhaps. It was silly fun, but we always had a blast.

Aug 5, 2007, 12:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've heard about this thing of your being able to look at people and KNOW that they're going to die. like that cat i heard about on the news the other day. let's make a deal. if you think i'm about to croak, look away, look away! i'd rather be surprised when i die.

Aug 6, 2007, 10:13:00 AM  
Blogger Coaster Punchman said...

Wait, so when you say "crepe" you mean the manicotti noodle? Good God, you are Mad! And I'm coming over to eat!

Aug 6, 2007, 10:42:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

Yes, the manicotti noodle. It's my mother's fault. She dumps all sorts of guilt on me if I even insinuate that I'm going to purchase pre-made crepes/noodles. It's home-made or nothing.

I'll put you on the manicotti list for next year, CP!

Aug 6, 2007, 11:26:00 AM  
Blogger jin said...

I had to come over from Dale's to read this. I think your letter f thing is incredible (as in totally believable)! It happened to me once and I was glad it did because it gave me the chance to see that person one last time.

Groundhog Day Rocks!!!

Aug 6, 2007, 5:52:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Hi Jin, thanks for stopping by.

I'm glad you're not freaked out by my response to "f." It's a bit eery, but I've tried to use this gift for good since it has happened so many times now. I like that it has happened to you as well, and that it gave you such a great final opportunity to communicate.

I want to get over to your blog to check out your interview responses, and I promise to make it there by tomorrow. Have a good night!

Aug 6, 2007, 9:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home