Saturday, July 28, 2007

Words to Kill By, One More Time

At this moment in time
Tell me the truth: Are you trying to say "NOW"? Then how about this? Just say "now." You automatically eliminate the use of 4 unnecessarily spoken words, which is always a good thing in your case.

From the get go
What the heck is the get go? YOU go get go. I'll stay here. Go now, go.

Chill out
I can understand the use of this phrase in the summertime, when I'm warm and sweaty and need to "chill out." But why would you say chill out in the winter when I'm normally already chilled. How about you just mind your own business as far as how warm or cold I am?

Wake up call
The only wakeup call I'm interested in is the one coming from the hotel desk when I'm away from home and need to get to a meeting on time. Otherwise, I prefer to sleep in. Thanks.

No sweat
We could probably totally eliminate the phrase no sweat from the English language if we'd all just use deodorant every day. Yes, I'm looking at you.

Bear with me I'd like to see the use of this phrase EXPANDED. For example, we could say

a. Raccoon with me
b. Chipmunk with me
c. Squirrel with me

Why just pick on bears? What have they ever done to you?

16 Comments:

Blogger chelene said...

Stephen Colbert says bears are evil. Maybe he started it.

Jul 28, 2007, 11:44:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Bear with me on this, but then Stephen Colbert is evil.

Jul 29, 2007, 12:26:00 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

I used to tell my kids to chill out all the time. Yup I am a hip mom haha! They never listened.

Jul 29, 2007, 8:55:00 AM  
Blogger Doctor Mom™ said...

alligator with me also has a nice ring to it...

Do you really want to stick with the furry creatures?

What if the need for something more reptilian arises?

Jul 29, 2007, 10:05:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

Mel, kids don't listen, it's their job.

Doctor Mom, I tried using "snake with me" on neighbors this morning, but they just looked at me blankly. I'll try again later. I agree there are many reptilian situations where this sort of phrase might work. Thanks for the advice.

:)

Jul 29, 2007, 11:09:00 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

To tell you the truth; The truth of the matter is; ARGH!

Jul 29, 2007, 1:30:00 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

I hotmailed you some questions Zed. That sounds mysterious but it's not.

Jul 29, 2007, 2:20:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Thanks, Dale. I'll go check them out. And they better be good.

Jul 29, 2007, 2:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

instead of being so negative, we should say perspiration in check instead of "no sweat."

enjoying the pouring rain, zed?

Jul 29, 2007, 3:44:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Jane, let me tell you, it's raining so hard I can't see much beyond my windows. My building's sitting in a cloud, and every once in a while there's a bolt of lightning--otherwise, can't see a thing. Is the Hudson River still there?

Jul 29, 2007, 3:47:00 PM  
Blogger tmollie said...

One could say bear with me then I will hang with you.

Has no one asked the bears permission on this?

Jul 29, 2007, 8:30:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Bears have rights too!

Jul 29, 2007, 9:23:00 PM  
Blogger tmollie said...

Indeed they do have rights. Should I make a picket sign & protest the use of Bears?? :)

Jul 30, 2007, 6:14:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Sounds like a good idea, tmollie. I'll make some signs here as well and we'll stage a protest march.

Viva bears!

Jul 30, 2007, 10:27:00 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Sweat!

Walk with me. Oh, wait. People use that too....

Jul 31, 2007, 3:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Magnific!

Oct 31, 2007, 2:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home