Saturday, September 02, 2006

Word Clouds for the Masses

What you see above are word clouds. A company called SnapShirts.com will search your blog for frequently found words and will extract them to create a personal word cloud. If you want to add some terms of your own, or edit the list that the server found, you can.

http://www.snapshirts.com/

Click on the "custom" button to begin creating your cloud. Even though it says $18 when you click on the custom button, the word cloud is free to bloggers. You need to submit your email and it will be sent to you. Or you can do a "save image as" with a mouse right-click above the image, and save it to your computer.

The first word cloud above is for my blog, The World According to Zed; the second is for Jen's Casual Slack, even though she's frequently mean to me. Since it's 1:30 am and I need to get to sleep--and I can't do one for every single lazy blogger in the universe such as yourself--you're just going to have to go create your own stupid word cloud. :)

Try it. You'll like it.

12 Comments:

Blogger Doctor Mom™ said...

Way cool Fancy Zed!
While I am still trying to decide what I would do with it...like everything else you have here in your world... it's very fancy!

Sep 2, 2006, 3:32:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

HAha!
that's the coolest!

okay
You get back your
cookie & juice
privileges...

Sep 2, 2006, 10:02:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

Doctor Mom--some people have T-shirts made out of them--or put them on coffee cup.

I may just print one out on high-quality paper and frame it. You guys are worth framing. :)

Sep 2, 2006, 10:34:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

Yea! I got my cookie & juice privileges back!

Sep 2, 2006, 10:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want one! i want one! it would help to have a blog though... sniff.

Sep 2, 2006, 10:55:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

Hi Mr. Fab, why thank you sir. That was so nice to say... But am I the wind beneath your wings??

[Are you being nice to me because you're planning a secret midnight takeover of my #1 RCDS Guest List position? Or because you think I just baked another batch of my delicious homemade chocolate chip cookies? :)]

Thanks again, Fab! You KNOW you're cool! Goes without sayin'.

Sep 2, 2006, 11:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey thanks Zed. I've seen these before but never knew what to do with them. Some of my friends have blogs so I might print out one for each of them and frame them as gifts. Clever. Thanks so much!

Your site makes me laugh, and that's a good thing. Right? Right? haha!

Sep 2, 2006, 12:00:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Anon, just don't laugh while you're running or when you have food in your mouth. Otherwise, you should be fine.

Thanks for stopping by. C'mon back when you can.

Zed :)

Sep 2, 2006, 12:05:00 PM  
Blogger Doctor Mom™ said...

Ah, I see!
I would like that because Doctor Mom shows up, although it could be larger than it is.

OK-- Coffee cups for all!

Sep 2, 2006, 12:40:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

BLOG MAD HIT!
ding! ding! ding!

Sep 2, 2006, 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Thanks Jen!!
___________________

Doctor Mom, you get it from SnapShirts.com as a .jpg file that you can increase or decrease in size. So you can make it as large as you like. You can make it into wallpaper! :)

I'll be waiting for my coffee cup. That might make up for the Lexus you never passed on to me. But probably not.

Fancy Zed

Sep 2, 2006, 1:05:00 PM  
Blogger Doctor Mom™ said...

Blogmad Hit

Waaay too much fun!

Sep 2, 2006, 8:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home