Wednesday, October 04, 2006

A Moving Post by Jen of Casual Slack

My friend Jen of Casual Slack has kindly agreed to do a guest post for me since I'm so totally devastated by the fact that ClustrMaps still hasn't updated my map since September 21. :)

Her words and thoughts in this guest post are moving and profound. They touch the heart and soul in a way one would not expect from someone still semi-young and from Rhode Island. Sit back, pour yourself an iced tea and have a few Clamato Tortilla Chips, if you can stand them. You are about to be changed. Here's Jen's post ...


The Dwight Schrute Post

Zed just started watching The Office & of course ... she loves it!
Last week she did a post about Pam & Jim
I said ... Where is the Dwight Schrute post??
Zed said ...
You do it.
And so I did ... and here it is.

In my opinion, the greatest show of all time without a doubt is Seinfeld.
But since Seinfeld is no longer in production,
I have no choice but to pick a new favorite TV show.
And that show is The Office on NBC.

Yes ... I know ... I know the British version is funnier ...
Whatever! I haven't seen it yet--
If I get a chance, I will watch it, okay?? Now get off my freakin' back ...

Until I watch it, the American version will continue to rank high with me!
I love all the characters on The Office. I think they were cast perfectly.
Dwight Schrute is probably my favorite character,
whether he is kissing the boss's (Michael Scott) ass or the
ongoing conflict with Jim Halpert or his disturbing relationship with the office bitch Angela.
Dwight never disappoints.

I decided to just list some random Schrute facts ...
rather than ramble on about my opinions
(even though my opinions are indeed fascinating).

Dwight Kurt Schrute III
portrayed by Rainn Wilson

A salesman at Dunder-Mifflin,
a paper-goods distribution company in Scranton, PA.
Dwight is trained in the art of surveillance and is a former
Lackawanna County volunteer sheriff's deputy.
He maintains a volunteer position as a security official at Dunder-Mifflin.
He is a purple belt in karate, and calls himself a senpai.

Dwight loves Count Chocula. Dwight's sporting streak tends
toward paintball, karate, and lasertag.
He also has a "crossbow range" in his house.
Dwight also mentions that he has a bo staff, and hints
that he will bring it in after he is awarded the position
of being the official security supervisor of the Scranton branch.

Dwight drives a maroon mid-1980s Pontiac Firebird.
He also knows how to make traditional baby dolls from corn husks.

Dwight is in a secretive relationship with Angela, the head of Accounting,
which is unknown to most of the office employees.

Dwight is musically talented as well. He has been known to jam
on the guitar and the recorder. His repertoire includes
"Greensleeves," "The Longest Time," "Mambo No. 5," and "Teach Your Children."

He always wears a Casio calculator watch.

More facts here.

Schrute Quotes
Jim: You work here, don't you want good insurance?
Dwight: Don't need it. Never been sick. Perfect immune system.
Jim: Ok, well if you've never been sick, then you don't have any antibodies.
Dwight: I don't need them. Superior genes. I'm a Schrute ... and superior brain-power.
Through concentration I can raise and lower my cholesterol at will.
Pam: Why would you want to raise your cholesterol?
Dwight: So I can lower it.

Dwight: That's why you have an assistant regional manager.
Michael: Yes it is! ... assistant to the regional manager.
Dwight: Same thing.
Michael: No it's not; it's lower.
Dwight: It's close.

Watch The Dwight Schrute Mix Tape Here
Visit Schrute Space Here

And be sure to watch The Office
Thursday nights on NBC 8:30 / 7:30 Central

11 Comments:

Blogger Zed said...

I don't know about anyone else, I can't speak for them, but I feel that life just got lighter and brighter after having read this.
Maybe Rhode Island people aren't so bad after all.

Oct 5, 2006, 12:42:00 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I want to know more about this secretive relationship....

I remember when he threw up all over his car. I watched that episode on the airplane. Never did get to see the end.

Oct 5, 2006, 9:37:00 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

that was a great post, Jen.

even though I'm a loser and don't watch the show.

Oct 5, 2006, 10:13:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Fab- I'm up for it
and yes.. I do want to have your baby


thanks Teri!

You should watch
I bet you would love it!

Oct 5, 2006, 11:10:00 AM  
Blogger Doctor Mom™ said...

Dunder-Mifflin-- A new word that I can bring to the dinner table tonight for discussion!

Thanks Jen!

Althought I am confused, because according to the American Heritage Dictionary,

Mifflin was a congressman from 1744-1800... so is he still living? Or is this guy his great, great, great grandchild?

And then the dictionary said

Dunder are the thick lees from boiled sugar-cane juice used in the distillation of rum

So, does Dunder-Mifflin fit with this guy Dwight Schrute?

Oct 5, 2006, 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger 2 fools said...

Ahhh Zed. Quite possibly the best post you've ever had... I laughed, I cried... then I cried some more.

Brilliant, Jen. Simply Brilliant.

Oct 5, 2006, 11:29:00 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

I still can't understand the facination with this show.

HOWEVER, the truly talented and magnificent Jen has again talked me into giving it another chance.

I will watch it tonight. sigh.

Oct 5, 2006, 11:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't watch The Office tonight--I have to go to a fund-raiser. And my VCR isn't working. It's as if I'm walking around with a black cloud over my head!

WHY? Why?

Life is just so unfair sometimes. Sniff. Cough. Choke. Sniff.

Oct 5, 2006, 11:52:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

My ClustrMaps world map says I had 8,940 visitors yesterday. I probably had more like 8939 visitors. :) That would make me #1 on Technorati ... but no, ClustrMaps is still "broken."

I'm telling you, a BLACK CLOUD!

Oct 5, 2006, 11:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good job, jen! i'm on for tonight! no visitor shall enter our apartment while the office is running. you've got an emergency? call 911. lol

Oct 5, 2006, 12:48:00 PM  
Anonymous PPLIC said...

It’s really a great and helpful piece of info. I’m satisfied that you simply shared this useful information with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

Oct 1, 2013, 5:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home