Thursday, November 02, 2006

I Borrowed This from Teena... I Don't Steal

Fine. The truth is, I stole this meme from Teena because:
a. I'm exhausted from wholehearted shopping today.
b. Teena's so easy to steal from.

I dropped several questions because they seemed geared to myspace users...
Okay here it is, now 25 questions long instead of 29:

  1. Explain what ended your last relationship? After 9 years, we realized the major personality differences just weren't going to go away. We still clash, and of course he still blames me and I still blame him.
  2. When was the last time you shaved? I don't shave. I use dipillatory. So there.
  3. What were you doing this morning at 8 a.m.? Sleeping.
  4. What were you doing 15 minutes ago? Just getting in from a late dinner and visiting with friends.
  5. Are you any good at math? I'm amazingly proficient at figuring the tip. Otherwise I'm far better at other things.
  6. Your prom night? Which one? Okay, we'll go with high school. I went with the captain of the football team. It was fun, but my hair was about two-feet taller than my scalp, thanks to an overzealous hairdresser.
  7. Do you have any famous ancestors? No.
  8. Last thing received in the mail? Instyle magazine. It's so large it took over the entire mailbox and nothing else would fit.
  9. How many different beverages have you had today? Water, Regular Coke, orange juice...three.
  10. Do you ever leave messages on people’s answering machines? Who still has an answering machine? I leave messages on people's voice mail.
  11. Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach? No. I am not 12.
  12. What’s the most painful dental procedure you’ve had? Wisdom teeth removed.
  13. What is out your back door? I don't have a back door ... I live in a high-rise. But I have a door that leads to a terrace.
  14. Any plans for Friday night? Yes, I'm working. I have a deadline for Saturday morning.
  15. Do you like what the ocean does to your hair? You mean make it dry from the salt and frizzy? No.
  16. Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different popcorns? Yes... from a friend who opened it and had some before she gave it to me as one of my Christmas presents. What a pal!
  17. Have you ever been to a planetarium? Yes, in Manhattan.
  18. Do you re-use towels after you shower? Yes, sometimes.
  19. Some things you are excited about? My messed up legs are working better every single day!
  20. What is your favorite flavor of JELLO? Cherry. But I'm not really a Jello fan.
  21. Describe your keychain(s)? A Toyota Scion symbol, the keys to my apartment, a special security key to the building, a key to my car, a key to the mailbox, and a key for the garage if the remote doesn't work. I have two other keys on the keychain, but I have no idea what they're for.
  22. Where do you keep your change? In my bag. Or jacket pockets.
  23. When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group of people? I spoke to 350+ people at my sister's memorial service. She was very loved.
  24. What kind of winter coat do you own? I have three ... a long black cashmere coat, a short tan car coat and a green ski jacket which makes me look like a giant green marshmallow but keeps me warm.
  25. Do you sleep with the door to your room open or closed? Open ... so the cats can get up and roam around if they want and so I can hear what's going on in the rest of my apartment.
That's it. If you feel like stealing, I'm fine with that. I don't know if TEENA is fine with that, but I am. :)

14 Comments:

Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Depilatory is just a fancy Zed way of shaving. Usually by the smearing on of heavy engine grease or coal tar. Giraffe wax can sometimes be used, but is very pungent. I pluck 'em one at a time, with eight inch snub nosed pliers, like all masochists should.

Nov 3, 2006, 6:13:00 AM  
Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

Come on by and steal anytime, Zed! I'll leave my laundry out so you can steal that too if you want ... please return it washed :)

Nov 3, 2006, 10:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dipillatory ... you know what that is gentlemen, it's Nair!!

Sans if you're plucking one at a time, hair removal becomes a lifelong career. And yes, fancy Zed would NEVER shave. I'm not big on blood-letting... :)

Nov 3, 2006, 10:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you use bleach or no bleach?

Nov 3, 2006, 10:41:00 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

very nice answers. I think you and Jen are long lost twin sisters.

Nov 3, 2006, 1:20:00 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Psst! Zed! ZED! Over HERE!! PSST!

<waving maniacially>

*i still have an answering machine.*

Nov 3, 2006, 3:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lynda, psst, you're living in the dark ages. :)

Nov 3, 2006, 3:23:00 PM  
Blogger Beansidhe said...

Curtains I can do - but you'll have to hold your arms out to the approximate length and width required - or give me your full postal address - or the name of your aunty in Canada - so I can figure out which ones fit.

P.S., The red ones are not in the least bit blue.

;)

Nov 3, 2006, 3:24:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Beansidhe, I'm holding my arms out. May the curtain-measuring procedure begin...

Nov 3, 2006, 3:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We still have an answering machine too. Voice mail we've tried but we never check it because it doesn't beep annoyingly at you.
Superwoman

Nov 3, 2006, 3:59:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

I stopped using an answering machine about 7 years ago because they're just so annoying. The tape runs out or breaks, the red light flashing is annoying, some messages get 1/2 taken and the rest is lost, etc.

But Superwoman, you're right. I have definitely been known to forget to check for messages because there's no flashing light to notify me that someone has called.

Nov 3, 2006, 5:33:00 PM  
Blogger Doctor Mom™ said...

So, is this a memory test?

What was I doing at 8am this morning?

How the hell should I know?

What was I doing 15 minutes ago...

Yup, forgot that too...

I live in a world of blurrrrrrrrrr

Nov 3, 2006, 7:57:00 PM  
Blogger LunaChick said...

Hi Zed,
It's nice to be a first time visitor and find this post.
Hmmm...we just met and I am already stealing from you.

:)

Great blog. I will be back!

Nov 4, 2006, 9:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doctor Mom--Snap out of it! haha!
____________

Hi Spidey, welcome! ... My meme, my meme!!

Nov 4, 2006, 10:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home