Monday, October 30, 2006

The Seventies (70s) Party on Wednesday

On Wednesday, November 1, we will be holding a Seventies (70s) Party here in The World According to Zed. Now that I seem to be walking normally again, I'll be dancing up a storm!!

Those were some strange, freaky years! Take a look at what I'm bringing:

Look at the design and color of this car:


or take a peek at these people (Sonny & Cher):

Look at the sheer ugliness-beauty of these shoes:

or the great design of this furniture:

And look at this cool Pink Floyd poster!

Those were strange yet oddly intriguing years. So collect all of your 70s memorabilia (you didn't have to BE alive at the time, you just need to remember the decade) and bring your 70s junk with you on Wednesday to the party at my place!

We'll be serving the usual refreshments (Clamato products for sure!) and we'll all admire anything you want to bring in addition--any food, beverage, person living or dead, music, musician, animal, insect, furniture, etc., etc.--to help make this party rock. This might just be the party of the year!

See you then! Far out! Can you dig it? Your mama!

8 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

sweet!
I'll be there
and I already know
what I'm bringing

PS
My birthday is November 12th
in case you needed
an idea for the next party

just sayin'....

Oct 30, 2006, 11:00:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

:) Thanks for the party idea! I don't see why we can't have a Jen Party--do you?

Oct 30, 2006, 11:47:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Okay, it's official. We shall be celebrating Jen's birthday with a Jen Party Day during the week of November 9th. It will be fabulous, no doubt!

Oct 30, 2006, 11:54:00 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

I shall look out my purple Lurex shirt, my sky blue high-waisters and my black leather platform shoes!
I shall keep my beloved mullet, and bring along SLADE, Procol Harem and The Sweet to provide the music. Oh, and lots of alcohol. I spent most of the seventies drunk.
Nothing has changed, except everything but me, and even then, me.
Let the SEVENTIES commence!

Oh, and Jen's Birthday Party will ROCK too! Mullets for ALL!!

Oct 31, 2006, 3:41:00 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Oh, what to bring, what to bring....

Oct 31, 2006, 11:44:00 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

I'll be bringing myself, since I was born in the 70's. And a Star Wars poster. And "Leo the Hippie" (played by the always fabulous Tommy Chong). And the Bandit. And a Trans-Am. And...

Oct 31, 2006, 12:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll wear my paisley shirt with my leather vest and bell bottoms and I'll bring love beads for everyone!

I'm also bringing my black light, my bong and a pound of some really crappy homegrown.

Oct 31, 2006, 2:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know who were 70s people? abba. doctor mom's favorite singing group. i'm bringing them. lol

Oct 31, 2006, 7:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home