Monday, September 25, 2006

Come and Get Your Shed!

Nobody of My Blog is About Nothing is building a shed as a storage facility, the way most people do. Then I had a great idea. :) Take a look at these:

Goodness, this one looks better than most full-size houses I've been to! You could put a fireplace in there, a bed, a toilet, a sink, and a stove. Just climb in the sink for bathing. It's just like home! Put a few planks down outside, and you've got a terrace! And look at the windowboxes! It's as if you're in Switzerland! If you paint the exterior a nice bright color like red, your resale value could soar. It helps to be on the short side though, just so you know.

Or how about THIS one? Is this cute or what? It's only 6 x 9, so you might have to install a Murphy bed for "little people" and sleep with your knees up around your chin. But, hey, it's so WORTH it. Look at the multi-color shingles on the roof, two sets of windows, and the porch! This one's a keeper!

This one looks a bit more like a garage than the others, but that's okay, because I would park my Scion TC in there along with my personal things. I can run my bed along the right of the car, parallel to it, and on the left I could probably fit a small dresser, lamp, and sink. The toilet will be in the back with the stove. I'm not happy with the exterior color, so I'd probably paint the outside a more vibrant color with white trim. And there's a separate exit for when you choose to walk instead of drive.

Finally, take a look at this. Frankie & Johnny can sit at the window and watch the world go by, and you could probably even fit a couch in the back. I don't know who that woman is outside the shed, but she's not part of the asking price. Nervy broad! Move it! Move it! This one is one of the cheaper models for only $1250.

So you guys just keep paying your high mortgage payments each month if you want, or high rental fees, and I'll just stick with these cute little "houses." I may buy some extras to rent out if you're interested.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want the one with the porch and flowers outside. I hope I can fit in it!

I'll save so much on rent! :)

Sep 25, 2006, 6:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd buy two of these things for about $3500 and glue them together. Then I could fit my couch, a bed, my tv, a radio, a stove, a small bathroom, a fridge, and my computer setup.

Could life get any better? I say no. lol

Sep 25, 2006, 7:09:00 PM  
Blogger Sushiboy said...

You New Yorkers and your multiple homes :)

Sep 25, 2006, 8:03:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

haha!

Sep 25, 2006, 8:08:00 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

fancy, very fancy.

I like the one with the porch and the flowers too. The drive up feature on the one is good as well. I just saw one like this at Home Depot.

Sep 25, 2006, 8:54:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

blogmad hit!!

I have a shed...
it's nice

maybe I should do a shed post too...

Sep 25, 2006, 9:12:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Teri, that's where two of them come from--Home Depot. They're so cute, aren't they? Buy one and and you could put it in the backyard as a guest house. I want one but I have nowhere to put it in my apartment. How about on my terrace?

Sep 25, 2006, 9:21:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Jen, have you decorated the shed like a little apartment or are you using it as a ... shed?

I WANT ONE. Why can't I have one? So unfair. Pfft.

Sep 25, 2006, 9:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you put 3 of these together you've got a 3 bedroom apartment with a fireplace in each room for heat. Just put in ceiling fans for summer.
Now property, I need to buy property in the Adirondacks or Poconos. Woulnd't that be cool! I want them for Christmas!! haha

Sep 25, 2006, 9:40:00 PM  
Blogger Doctor Mom™ said...

Hey-- that looks better than the piece of rusted tin that my husband calls a shed!

Unfortunately, we cannot take down the stupid shed because it was grandfathered in. Cul-de-Sac no longer allows sheds, thanks to the "splendids" in the neighborhood.

Sep 26, 2006, 5:48:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

Isn't it funny how there are always "splendids" in the neighborhood?
No matter where the neighborhood exists?

Sep 26, 2006, 12:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want the one with the garage door, flower boxes and single entry door. That is (sorta kinda, well except for the windows and the placement of the single entry door,and siding..) what ours is supposed to look like... sigh...

Sep 26, 2006, 9:16:00 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

Mine is going to be like the little garage. It's is one half of a one stall garage. But I'm not fancy, so no vinyl siding. The siding will match my house though so I don't care about no vinyl siding. Pfft.

Sep 26, 2006, 9:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I love that one too, mrs. nobody. But you can add windowboxes to yours. And be sure to put a bed out there so when you get mad at mr. nobody... well, you know. :)

Sep 26, 2006, 11:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh nobody, you've been through so much in constructing your shed.

If I ever get one of these babies I'm buying the pre-made stuff. I don't think anyone wants to go through the nightmare you did. No way.

And I'm getting one with siding, windowboxes, and a porch.

Sep 26, 2006, 11:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teresa, wouldn't that be great as a guest house? Most of them can be upgraded (so a bit more $$$) to 7-foot ceilings. So as long as you don't invite the NY Nets for the weekend, you should be okay.

I think it would be wonderful... I WANT ONE! (Oh, did I mention that already?) :)

Sep 26, 2006, 11:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Catchy possible new business name:
Zed's Sheds.
...available in red.

Sep 27, 2006, 2:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it!

Zed's Sheds ... I can see the sign!

Sep 27, 2006, 5:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

teresa, every woman needs a shed for their husband, if you know what I mean... Just in case... :)

Sep 27, 2006, 5:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home