Sunday, September 17, 2006

Lime Jello Marshmallow Cottage Cheese Surprise

Someone suggested I make this nifty disgusting-ish dessert for the next party I attend. I don't think she likes me. :)
In the same vein, I'm including the entire ingredients list below because I know you're going to want to make this barf-lookalike for yourselves. No need to send the usual $49.95 for a recipe I post. This one's on the house. Because I care.


Lime Jello Marshmallow Cottage Cheese Surprise
1 package (3 oz size) lime-flavored gelatin; 1 cup boiling water; 1 can (20 oz size) crushed pineapple, undrained; 1 cup cottage cheese; 1/2 cup whipped cream or Cool Whip; 1 jar (6 oz size) maraschino cherries, drained; 1/4 cup chopped pecans, optional; 1 cup miniature marshmallows

INSTRUCTIONS:
Go grab yourself a slice of pizza instead.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

yuk. Serve me that and I will eat like Nicole Richey! Hey. I need to lose weight...maybe you are on to something here!

Sep 18, 2006, 6:07:00 AM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

The whole thing looks so ...late 60's early 70's...

Rates high on the Barf-o-meter

Sep 18, 2006, 7:51:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Jello has bones and hooves in it...

Sep 18, 2006, 9:04:00 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

Nasty looking stuff. I'll take the pizza.

Sep 18, 2006, 10:06:00 AM  
Blogger MC said...

Ok, this shows how geeky I am, but I know that you can't put pineapple in Jello... so that would just turn into slop... which may make it a little more appetizing.

Sep 20, 2006, 12:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home