Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The 40 Questions Email

I've been tagged by Jen of Casual Slack for the following meme. When Jen speaks, I listen. She's quite the task master...

1. Do you still have tonsils? Yes. And they shall remain in place until I die. 2. Would you bungee jump? No. Stupid I'm not. 3. If you could do anything in the world for a living what would it be? Run my very own morning talk show. 4. How many tattoos do you have? Zippo. Way too permanent a move. I'm fickle. 5. Your favorite fictional animal? I'll get back to you on this... 6. One person that never fails to make you laugh? Me! I crack myself up regularly. 7. Do you consider yourself well organized? You've got to be kidding. 8. Any addictions? Blogging; my computer; Coca-Cola (regular)
9. From what news source do you receive the bulk of your news? CNN.com or MSNBC.com 10. Would you rather go to a carnival or circus? Neither. 11. When you were twelve years old, what did you want to be when you grew up? An Oscar-winning movie star--I even prepared my speech. It's still ready for use if someone would just give me my stupid Oscar. 12. Best movie you've seen this year? Akeelah and The Bee (I'm pathetic, oh yes, I know). Oh! And The Devil Wears Prada 13. Favourite alcoholic drink? Non-alcoholic beer. I don't drink--it makes me physically ill. 14. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? Feed the cats, thenhead to the computer. 15. Siblings? None; my sister and only sibling died in August 2004. 16. What is the best thing about your job? I don't have to answer to anyone but me because I work for myself. 17. Have you ever gone to therapy? No. But what a good idea. 18. If you could have one super power what would it be? The power to restore good health to everyone who is ill. 19. Do you own any furniture from Ikea? Yep, a kitchen cart, a computer cart, and a bookcase. 20. Have you ever gone camping? Once, and never again. After the first day I moved to a first-class hotel. haha! 21. Gas prices! First thought? Europeans have been paying about $5 to $7 for gas for years. We've been very fortunate in the US to keep the prices down for so long. 22. Your favorite cartoon character? Snoopy 23. What was your first car? Used, old Volkswagen Beetle (light blue) 24. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual? Doesn't work for me, but I suppose it's good for normal folks. 25. The Cosby Show or the Simpsons? D'oh! Neither. Everybody Loves Raymond. 26. Do you go to church? yes 27. What famous person would you like to have dinner with? Steve Carrell. If he's busy, then my doctor. He's very cool. 28. What errand/chore do you despise? I hate all errands and chores. Life should be free of these frivolous things. :) 29. First thought when the alarm went off this morning? Do I HAVE to get up? 30. Last time you puked from drinking? When I was a teenager. Then I grew up and decided I didn't like the concept of bed spin any longer. 31. What is your heritage? Italian-French-German 32. Favorite flower? Tulips 33. Disney or Warner Bros? Warner 34. What is your best childhood memory? Visiting the guy who worked in a factory and who pulled the 12:00 whistle that was heard for miles and miles around. And he let my sister and I pull the chords once in a while. It was so empowering. :) 35. Your favorite potato chip? Fritos 36. What is your favorite candy? Caramello bars (but I almost never eat candy--I prefer salty things, like pretzels) 37. Do you burn or tan? Burn baby burn 38. Astrological sign? Sagittarius 39. Do you own a gun? Does a watergun count? I live in a massive well-protected building with a zillion security guards. Yes, yes, it sounds like a prison, but it's a high-rise. (A high-rise prison. haHa!) Just kidding about the "prison thing." 40. What do you think of hot dogs? Horrible and disgusting, but if you have to have one, try Thumann's All Beef. They are as close to "scrumptious" as hot dogs can get.

I'm tagging anyone who wants to do this. Either put your answers in my comments section or on your own blog. Just copy the list above and plug in your own answers. Try it!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So let me get this straight. Is the high rise a prison or a high rise? LOL

Sep 7, 2006, 1:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to say that I always wanted to toot the noon-day whistle, but never had the chance. I'm envious!

Sep 7, 2006, 1:25:00 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Good morning F Zed, you got those questions done fast! Mine will be up this weekend. Hubby is working and I will have lots of time on my hands.

Sep 7, 2006, 5:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mel! I'll look for your responses (but I won't be able to comment... waaaaaaaaa!)

Hi Mr. Fab, may the stalking begin! :) Thanks for the new meme, I'll go check it out!

Sep 7, 2006, 9:46:00 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

Very nice. Jen tagged me too.

Sep 7, 2006, 9:59:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

you did a fine job
good answer #18

Sep 7, 2006, 10:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nobody and jen? I hope you two like doing memes, because I'm tagging you both today. Lucky you! :)

Sep 7, 2006, 10:21:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good answers. that addiction to Coke will kill ya!

Sep 7, 2006, 3:50:00 PM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

light blue VW..hahhahahaha you made me remember that my dad had a pale green one...so revolting, driving around in a turtle...

A whistle blower..SOOOO COOOLL!!!

Sep 7, 2006, 6:02:00 PM  
Blogger prying1 said...

Re: number 5 - Aslan -

P.S. I had a 23 in the 70's - They were fun.

-(8-P

Sep 8, 2006, 2:51:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

Scarlet, I loved my old VW. Parking was a cinch and I was able to buzz in and out of traffic. Then some guy plowed into me from behind in a snowstorm one day (the engine was int the back!) and it was bye-bye VW. But it gave me 3 sweet years... Sniff.

Sep 8, 2006, 1:24:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Nothin' like a 23 prying1. Nothin'

Sep 8, 2006, 1:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home