Friday, March 04, 2011

Thirteen Words That Might Change the World

I purchased a birthday card for one of my friends today.

The birthday card I chose had six words on the front, seven words on the inside, and was wrapped in plastic.  There was no special picture, drawing, or anything else but a little bit of pink on the first page and a total of 13 words.


That must have been an important author who wrote the words in this plain greeting card--say, Jane Austin, Lord Byron, or Ernest Hemingway, someone who needed to rise from his or her grave to compose this message. The card and the 13 words cost $6.99; with local/state tax, approx. $7.49. I hope you understand, this was a greeting card I purchased, not a paperback novel.

I hope my friend likes the card. I really, really do. I hope it is the best card she and her family have ever seen. I hope her kids are inspired and decide to become an important author like Austen, Byron, or Hemingway. I hope it brings tears to my friend's mother's eyes, and makes her husband love her even more. I hope all this, 'cause for $7.49 for a small piece of folded paper and 13 words, it is the least I can expect.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

Hmm, I wonder how much this comment is worth then? And will it increase in value with the more words I add. Nope, I just reread the comment. It's worthless. Hey Big Spender!

Mar 5, 2011, 11:42:00 AM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

You have good taste Zed.

Mar 5, 2011, 7:55:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Dale, I can pay you a penny a word. So you made 33 cents on that post alone.

Sans! Hello! I keep worrying about you when I don't see you posting. At 1 penny per word, you made only 5 cents today, sorry. And yes, that's the problem, I have good taste but am cheap. Those two things don't work so great together.

Mar 5, 2011, 11:59:00 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

I have taken to printing out my graphics and using them to decorate plain cards. I don't know if it works out cheaper, but it certainly feels cheaper.
Sorry for my lack of posting. I have bitten off more than I can chew with my latest cover graphic, and that is absorbing all my white time. If and when I finish, you may possibly see why.

Mar 6, 2011, 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

I look forward to it.

Mar 6, 2011, 11:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home