Thursday, November 18, 2010


Do the men and women who take you to the loony bin still wear white coats? Because I think they'll be here any minute. I'm loonier than a loon this week.

Maybe I'm watching too much TV. Too many of the Real Housewives programs (NY, NJ, Atlanta, Beverly Hills, DC) on Bravo; the 10th rerun of the Top Chef: Just Desserts series (but I'm learning how to make wonderful desserts!). Plus we've had a lot of rain, I'm stuck inside,  I've had a lot of work, and now we have a barefoot fugitive running around the area being chased by U.S. Marshalls. On my way out tonight I turned around and decided to stay home... again. Hey, I didn't want to frighten the fugitive.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sushiboy said...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say its the sleep deprivation.

Nov 18, 2010, 3:23:00 AM  
Anonymous teri said...

I have to agree with Sushiboy on this one. Turn the tv off and go to bed.

Nov 18, 2010, 9:24:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

Thanks, you two. I feel much better today after sleeping 8 straight hours. The loon has backed off quite a bit--I almost feel normal!

The fugitive I spoke of was caught overnight in Connecticut after he stole an unmarked police car in Jersey and drove it to Connecticut using only his knees (his hands were cuffed). Now that's talent!

Nov 18, 2010, 1:07:00 PM  
Anonymous jane said...

zed, i want to know how this fugitive guy drove barefoot, in handcuffs, in an unmarked police car, to connecticut.

didn't he have to pay tolls? ... buy gas? use a restroom? change lanes on highways? didn't toll-takers notice he had handcuffs on when he handed them the money? how about the guys who pumped gas for him?

are we all asleep on the east coast?

Nov 18, 2010, 6:45:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Jane, a friend just told me that he got his cuffs off somehow after a while. All of this does not speak well of local law enforcement, with whom I trust my life. :(

Nov 19, 2010, 12:53:00 AM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

The police must have left a spare set of 'cuff keys in the glove compartment.

Nov 19, 2010, 4:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home