Friday, October 29, 2010

It was the rat

I used to have a visitor from Madagascar, who has since disappeared. I was fine with that—people move on, interests change, all that—until I read this :

7.5 KILO JUMBO-SIZED RAT FOUND IN MADAGASCAR
7.5 kilo jumbo-sized rat found in Madagascar A super-sized rat, about the size of a six-month baby, has been discovered in southern Madagascar, local media reported Thursday.

The 7.5-kilogram rattus norvegicus or brown rat was found in the Mandena nature reserve in the tropical south of the vast Indian Ocean island, L'Express newspaper said.

THE RAT WAS ABOUT THE SIZE OF A SIX-MONTH-OLD BABY???!!
Now, follow me on this people: Since the former The World According to Zed reader lives in Madagascar, and almost no one lives in Madagascar, and he or she is now missing, it doesn’t take much to put 2 and 2 together:

It was the rat. My condolences to the Madagascar reader’s family. So sad.

 ETA: Now THESE are rats:

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't know zed. maybe the missing poster moved to iceland. you don't have anyone posting from there either.

Oct 29, 2010, 10:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Jorgenson from Iceland. said...

I'm sure I read a news report that a gigantic rat was seen in the cargo hold of a plane bound for NJ.

I think Frankie & Johnnie better take up weight-lifting.

Oct 30, 2010, 9:25:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Jorgenson from Iceland,
My heart went a-flutter when I saw your post. My life felt complete. I thought, if life ended today, that would be OK because I HAVE A VISITOR FROM ICELAND!!! Oh the joy! And to think no one even LIVES in Iceland!

Then I clicked the link. You can't fool me, Sans. (Although I must say you came very very close.)

I'm not even going to mention this to Frankie and Johnnie. They can use the exercise.

Thanks!

Oct 31, 2010, 6:48:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Dear Anon,

Buzz off.

Zed :)

Oct 31, 2010, 7:30:00 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Now those are BIG rats! I need to come up with a defensive strategy.

Nov 1, 2010, 7:38:00 AM  
Blogger BeckEye said...

Zed! You're back!!

Nov 1, 2010, 1:50:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Beckeye!! How are you? Thanks for stopping by!

I know it's been a long time since I posted, but now I'm posting with a vengeance. I've been to your blog a few times already and it's still great. Glad to see you're hanging in there.

I'll stop by again. And don't be a stranger here either, my friend.

Nov 1, 2010, 9:51:00 PM  
Blogger Sushiboy said...

Those rats are just about the right size to have a chance in politics.

Nov 2, 2010, 12:11:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

Works perfectly, Sushiboy.

I'm voting for the 15-lb one at the bottom. I've heard he's an independent.

Nov 2, 2010, 12:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love rats! Along w/ snakes, they're my favorite animal! And I'm a granny of 8! I'd love to have some giant rats as pets! They'd save me $ on garbage bags! lol!

Oct 30, 2013, 5:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zed u rock!

Mar 27, 2014, 4:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Zed! I know rats scare many people out of their ever-lovin' minds, but I just love them! The German word "rathaus" means "city hall". Go figure! lol! :)

Apr 16, 2014, 5:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home