Monday, February 26, 2007

Walking Well Is a Good Thing. A Very Good Thing.

About 2 weeks ago I went online and decided I wouldn't get off until I found a cure for my leg pain and 24/7 leg cramping, which had become so intense that it kept me from sleeping each night. I'd wake up continously and I needed to take several naps during the day just to keep my sanity.

On the Internet, I found all sorts of nonsensical suggestions to solve the problem ("Put a bar of soap near your feet when you go to sleep and the cramps will stop"), but one I kept running into was to increase my calcium/magnesium/zinc intake.

I was tossing that idea around and told a friend I met for lunch that I was on to check out a GNC or Vitamin Shop to find something to stop the pain in my legs, when she said "Why don't you take calcium and magnesium? That'll help you--in fact, I have a new bottle right in my bag, why don't you take it? Here..." NOW, HOW WEIRD IS THAT? It seemed to me a confirmation that I should give this combination a try. Couldn't hurt...

So I did. By the next day, I felt 40% better. By the day after that, I felt 80% better. One day later I felt 100% better. Sometimes the pain comes back, but rarely. For anyone with leg pain, remember calcium and magnesium. Does wonderful things!

So now that my legs are in such great shape after causing such intense, horrific pain for almost a year, I've been out and about and neglecting my blog. Who could blame me? And as of Friday, the long-lasting faucet dispensing 12, 14, and 16 hours of work daily has shut (as it shuts every single year for about 2-3 months) and I am free to enjoy life far more than I did beginning last September when life consisted of getting up, going right to the computer and working from 9 am to 2 am the NEXT morning (with a few naps in between and a 15-minute break for each meal). Each day I'd sleep for a few hours, then start the routine all over again. I deserve more, and I'm going for it...

I'll be around my blog, maybe more than usual, maybe less, but I'm going to get out as well, clean closets, do all the long-neglected stuff I need to do, and LIVE LIFE. I'm free, and I'm going to enjoy it.
_______________________

Hey, it's snowing in the Tri-State tonight! I see white! I'm going out to throw a snowball tomorrow morning. Right at YOU! :)

24 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're getting some relief. Get back to the blogging, would ya?

You're spanish friend is back, I see!

Feb 26, 2007, 11:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and still talking about Elvis....

Feb 26, 2007, 11:42:00 AM  
Blogger Some Guy said...

Great news, Zed! It's a shame this friend didn't tell you about this cure a long time ago.

Feb 26, 2007, 3:47:00 PM  
Blogger Tanya Espanya said...

When is that marathon you're running?

Feb 26, 2007, 4:39:00 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

Glad to here your leg pain is better! Maybe I should try that, I get terrible leg pains about once a week or so.

Feb 26, 2007, 9:08:00 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Wow that is SO great!!! I tried the magnesium a few months ago and it didnt help me at all, so I am jealous!

Feb 26, 2007, 10:32:00 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

YEEEEHAHHH!!!!!

Feb 27, 2007, 2:12:00 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

How dare you choose life over me!! :-) Glad to hear now you've got legs to stand on.

Feb 28, 2007, 10:58:00 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

What? You can't take 5 minutes out of your day to blog????

I wonder if that will help my sciatica.

Feb 28, 2007, 3:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better, Zed!

Feb 28, 2007, 11:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better Zed!
Now just try to hit me!
*sticks out tongue*

Mar 1, 2007, 11:48:00 AM  
Blogger Sushiboy said...

Glad to see you are still out enjoying your new found walking ability!

Mar 7, 2007, 1:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sushiboy-
You're right. She must be in Iowa by now.

Mar 8, 2007, 7:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mixednut - I got a postcard from her, she's in Oregon

Mar 9, 2007, 9:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Zed! Go!
Don't let that stupid ocean get in your way!

Mar 9, 2007, 11:50:00 AM  
Blogger Sushiboy said...

Hey Zed, if you ever read this, you've been tagged.

Mar 13, 2007, 4:10:00 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Thinking of you Zed. Hope all is okay.

Mar 14, 2007, 5:48:00 AM  
Blogger Some Guy said...

Haven't heard anything out of you for a while, Zedster. Hope everything is OK!

Mar 16, 2007, 9:35:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

zed
come back..

Mar 20, 2007, 9:20:00 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

I hope all is well with you Zed. Please come back and at least let us know you are alright.

Apr 1, 2007, 8:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We miss you Zed!!

Apr 6, 2007, 12:15:00 AM  
Blogger Sushiboy said...

See! Even the Spanish dude misses you. (although that may be a bad thing depending on how you look at it.) Hope your enjoying the walking business.

Apr 12, 2007, 6:36:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

ZEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD?

Apr 20, 2007, 12:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many of my friends here in New jersey are fan of your stuff....I am posting it here because this is the 1st time I hear about you from my buddy....Wish you a great going.....

Sep 28, 2007, 3:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home