Thursday, October 19, 2006

A Song for the Ongoing Canada Day Party

Thanks to Teena of It's All About Me!!! (go visit her site!) here are the words to Weird Al Yankovic's song Canadian Idiot (a parody of Green Day's American Idiot). I swiped the URL for the YouTube video as well. Me bad.

Click HERE or on the picture to listen and follow the words. Let's sing it as a group song... Everyone? Here we go:


Canadian Idiot - Weird Al Yankovic

Don't want to be a Canadian idiot
Dont want to be some beer swillin' hockey nut
And do I look like some frost bitten hosehead
I never learned my alphabet from "A" to "Zed"

They all live on donuts and moose meat
And they leave the house without packin' heat
Never even bring their guns to the mall
And you know what else is too funny
Their stupid monopoly money
Can't take 'em seriously at all

Well maple syrup and snow's what they export
They treat curling just like it's a real sport
They think their silly accent is so cute
Can't understand a thing they're talking aboot

Sure they got their national health care
Cheaper meds, low crime rates and clean air
Then again well they got Celine Dion
Eat their weight in Kraft macaroni
And dream of driving a zamboni
all over Saskatchewan

Don't want to be a Canadian idiot
Won't figure out the temperature in Celcius
See the map they're hovering right over us
Tell you the truth it makes me kinda nervous

Always hear the same kind of story
Break their nose and they'll just say sorry
Tell me what kind of freaks are that polite
It's gotta mean they're all up to something
So quick before they see it coming
time for a pre-emptive strike

(Thanks again Teena!)

15 Comments:

Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

As the great Canadian band, Helix, once sang ...

Gimme an R (R!)
O (O!)
C (C!)
K (K!)
Whatcha got? (Rock!)
And whatcha gonna do? (Rock you!)

Oct 19, 2006, 12:47:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

Yea Teena!!

Oct 19, 2006, 12:50:00 AM  
Blogger Caylynn said...

Too funny! :) Thanks for sharing! :D

What is it about us Canadians that makes us so easy to poke fun at? ;) Our easy-going nature? *grin*

Oct 19, 2006, 4:52:00 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

Just so ya know, curling sucks dong. I have proof.

Oct 19, 2006, 10:13:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

I agree nobody. It simply is NOT POSSIBLE for a lamer sport than curling to exist. NOT POSSIBLE.

Oct 19, 2006, 10:57:00 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I am late for the party! What else is new?

I love the kitty pictures! I agree with you about peeing in the pool. I read through everything I missed, I just didn't comment on it all. lol.

Oct 19, 2006, 11:08:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

Lynda, I'm so glad you made it. Go have a Molson's or Sans's Black Sea Clamato drink. And there are still a few TimBits left.

Peeing in the pool--there ought to be a law, I tell you. (Thanks for reading everything! That goes back quite a while.)

Oct 19, 2006, 11:47:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

Caylynn--I LOVE Canadians. You guys make the best neighbors: polite, sociable, and quiet. :)

I think we should all just unite. We can all become either Americanadians or Canadamericans.

Oct 19, 2006, 11:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, great song. i just love weird al, he never disappoints.
zed i'm hung over from yesterday's Canada Day party and really, really, really need a nap, now my boss doesn't understand and i think i'm in trouble at work. will you pay me wages if i get fired?

Oct 19, 2006, 12:18:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

No Jane. No.

Oct 19, 2006, 1:24:00 PM  
Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

Gord and I are going curling in a couple weeks for the first time. I'll let you know how it goes.

Oct 19, 2006, 5:42:00 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Teena, you're going to be the first person I've even known to go curling. I positively want to know how it went--can't wait!
Think about whether you'd be willing to do a guest post here on my blog about curling once you've gone. That would be so cool!
Let me know!
Thanks!

Oct 20, 2006, 12:45:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

Teena, you can email me about the guest post here:

theworldaccordingtozed@hotmail.com

Oct 20, 2006, 12:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Canadamericans - I like that. Let's go with it. LOL

I've never curled either .. well except for my hair, I loved my curling iron back in the 80's.

Hey Zed ...I just got an idea. If you ever run out of Countries to have parties for (yeah right) you could always have themed parties like say a 70's party or an 80's big hair party. What do you think? :)

Oct 20, 2006, 3:39:00 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

Great idea Tricia. I'll try to do a 70s party in two weeks! (Next week's the Brazil Day party and Carnivale) Love it!

Oct 20, 2006, 10:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home